From the beginning of the 17th century, a large terraced parterre has existed in front of the southern façade of the château. The circular pond was decorated around 1900 with a stone basin carried by three cherubs, who come from the demolition of the park at Vaux-le-Vicomte. The fountain is still fed by the same underground aquaduct which brings the water from 3 km away.
Around the château, the other parterres and bosquets created at the end of the 17th century were destroyed at the Revolution, to put the grounds under cultivation: "These luxury woods became entirely useless to the industrious republicans, who want no other shade than the Tree of Liberty" (a municipal resolution).
In spite of everything, in the park "à l'anglaise" replanted around 1820, there remains of the classical park a large bosquet of box in the form of a maze, in course of restoration, and some rows of lime and beech trees.
The plane trees planted at the Restoration have reached a magnificient size (nearly 40m in height), as have the swamp cypresses beside the lake.
The underwoods are maintained and the paths mown regularly. One can thus wander with ease over 35 hectares in a nature full of charm, to enjoy beautiful views of the château and the Beaujolais hills.